Magical Malta

Almost 3 years ago for my 38th birthday (January 2020 . . . Just before Covid news broke out), the Other Travelling Editor (whom I met while working in Shanghai and then met in-person in Spain) and I decided to meet up in Malta.

Let me just say that it was COLD and there was one day where we both decided to hole ourselves up in our hotel room in order to stay warm and recoup from a very long walk we took the previous day :)  However, since we knew almost nothing about Malta, we just decided to walk it, and if we found something we wanted to explore more, we did. But we weren't there to spend money. We were there to hang out, chat and enjoy some good food!

                                  A perfect place for us! She loves chocolate, and I love coffee!!



First of all, Malta is beautiful! While I was there, I got the same feelings I did in both Spain and Lebanon in terms of the roads, infrastructure and architecture. I think that Malta would be even more beautiful when it's warmer, but I promise that when the sun was out, it was stunning
even when it was cold, lol! We walked up and down the coast and because it wasn't prime tourist season, it was quite quiet. But that quietness gave us the opportunity to explore the capital without being hounded by vendors trying to sell souvenirs and tour guides trying to sell us boat rides. It was the perfect way to have more time with the Other Travelling Editor!

                                                           It was a beautifully sunny day!
                                                                Malta was so colourful!
                                                                   "Need art". Me, too.
                                                                  "No hate". Only love xo
                                                                     SO MANY CATS!     


Honestly, the tiniest car I've ever seen!

Up until I left Kuwait, I'd never been to Europe, so the fact that I've been lucky/blessed to see so many European countries is amazing! By some standards, I haven't even been to many European countries, but I feel I have. I can also say with certainty that I think the Irish Chef would enjoy Malta, and it is a place I'd happily return to!

Here are some more photos of the BRIGHT and SUNNY day. It was such a lovely reprieve from the grey and depressing weather in Roscommon (Ireland)!









If you ever want to see my travels in real time, you can see photos on Instagram. I'm mikifoo82.

Comments

Popular Posts