To Blog or Not to Blog . . .

That's been the question on my mind for almost three years. Why did I stop blogging in the first place? I stopped for two reasons:
1.) My job kept me occupied. I was always connected and almost always overwhelmingly busy. As the Editorial Manager, the last thing I wanted to do in my free time was to write and edit my own work.

2.) I didn't want to risk my safety for the sake of being open and honest about my experiences in China. There are repercussions for candor about and criticism of China.

So why return to blogging now? I'm no longer in China. I'm working remotely to finish some work for my previous employer. I'm almost ready to share the good and the bad about the three years I spent in China. I'm also ready to do things a bit differently. I want to move forward continuing to write about food and travelling. However, I also want to write more about different things related to reading and literature, as it's what I'm passionate about.

I've always loved reading and literature, but my editorial job reminded me of how important reading is to the education and creativity of young learners. My degrees (BA & MA in English Language & Literature) and previous teaching experiences were so useful! I was fortunate enough to work with Cricket Media® and Highlights (American companies) while I was in Shanghai. It was a fantastic experience for me as I was reconnected with reading, writing and editing content for young learners (4–16 years of age). It renewed my passion for reading and led me on an entirely new journey: joining Goodreads. That story, however, is for a different post.

So, if it's okay with you, I really want to blog ( ^ - ^)


Our last night out with our nearest and dearest who still lived in Shanghai

Comments

  1. I'm still here! Blog away, would love to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layla!!! How are you? Where are you?? I hope that all is well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts