Busy Bee

I don’t know where nearly 2 and a half months have gone, and if I try to recapture my memories of that entire time I’m at a loss. How many weeks ago did my Lebanese roomie leave? When was my work party? Was it this month or last month that I went to the Georgian’s place for a nice, home cooked meal?? AGH!!! I have a sneaky suspicion that time disappearing has to do with my age.

I have been so busy at work that I dare not recite what I’ve been doing out of fear that I will exhaust myself. Yes, I am exhausted. I fall asleep pathetically early (my students laugh at me to my face about it), and my social life has fallen. Flat. Dead. Done and gone. The only thing that I can use as an excuse is that there’s NO nightlife here, so it’s not like I’m missing out on anything, hahaha!!! My low energy levels have no doubt been due to the amount of work I’ve been doing. Anywhooooo, no need to rehash that.

In other news (as if I really have any “news,” HA!), I got my test results back from the hospital and had to take two very strong meds. For some reason the doctors felt the need to stress that my condition was very serious. As I left the hospital a much poorer person (for the third time this month), I felt disappointed in myself because I knew exactly what was wrong with me (prior to going to the hospital), and deep down inside I’d known that I would have to seek professional medical care and was just too darn stubborn to go and get it. Why? The cost was the #1 factor. My lack of trust in the medical system here was the 2nd. Were there any other reasons? No. My family (both sides) are notorious for not seeking medical help when it’s needed and I don’t want to inherit that trait. It certainly hasn’t benefitted anyone. So? It’s time to make a serious change. I definitely heard my fair share of scolding from the doctors and the Irish chef and I felt like I was 12 years old all over again when I was sent to the principal’s office for roughhousing on the playground. Just to clarify, I wasn’t roughhousing; a boy was throwing chunks of ice at other students and I was trying to grab the ice out of his hands. So much for being a do-gooder, lol!

In food news (is there really any other news that matters?!?), the Irish chef and I tried a Mexican restaurant called Lita and it was okay. I wouldn’t call it amazing because between prices, quality and serving sizes, I was left scratching my head and thinking, “Is that all we got for 7kd??? Yikes.” I’d give it a 6 out of 10. I’m not sure I’d order from Lita again unless I was really craving Mexican food (although nothing I’ve had thus far has compared to the Mexican food I had when I visited L.A.). Lately, I feel like I’ve had better luck with the food that has been homemade. The Irish chef has been making salads that are DELICIOUS and easy to enjoy in the hot weather here (we’re hitting up into the mid 40’s now!).

 My SPICY beef chimichanga! The last time I had a chimichanga (in Victoria, British Columbia in Canada), I  ended up giving the leftovers to a homeless man who almost ran me over on his bike, hahaha!
 Chicken tacos. Mmmm, I love hard taco shells!!!
 Bean, cheese and potato flautas (which I actually think are taquitos, not flautas). These were awesome!
 Lita's menu

Talk about a blog post about absolutely nothing. Sorry everyone. Work has been filling my head of late and part of me wonders if that’s the way to go when you live here (keeping your head down, working and repeat every day from Sunday to Thursday)…Not ideal in my opinion, but I think that’s how it has to be right now.

Comments

  1. I'm commenting on your comments? Nepal? odd you didn't talk about Nepal in your blog?

    other wise hope you are ok PM me if you want to chat. Michael is on the mend had his operation... PM the rest if you want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to delete them, Leah. On the flip side, does this mean I'm a read-worthy/popular blogger? I can't believe anyone who's into world travel would be interested in my blabber/useless musings, hahaha! P.S. I'm doing alright. Definitely tired and ready for my vacation. I'll email you and we can chat.
      Take care and cheers to Michael being on the mend! I hope he has a speedy recovery!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts